Ernie Rodriguez is the president of MORE, the Mid Atlantic Off-Road Enthusiasts. MORE has been around since 1992 and the group maintains and advocates for trails in Maryland, Virginia, and the Washington, DC area.
- Why and how did MORE get its start? Did it start as more of a social club, or were there advocacy concerns in the early 1990s?
- How is MORE organized?
- How did you become the president of MORE?
- How is MORE funded?
- What is the relationship between MORE and IMBA?
- What are some of the more popular trails your group supports?
- Which trail projects are you the most proud to have helped support?
- Is there any opposition to mountain bike trail access in the region?
- What does the current discussion around e-bike trail access look like for MORE?
- What’s the biggest constraint MORE faces in carrying out and growing the mission?
- What’s next for MORE in 2023 and beyond?
Connect with MORE at more-mtb.org.
The Singletracks podcast is brought to you by TPC — The Pro’s Closet.
Spring is the perfect time to upgrade, and TPC has an industry-leading selection of new and Certified Pre-Owned bikes, plus frames, wheels and accessories. Each Certified, Pre-Owned bike is inspected, tested and serviced, and every bike includes thirty day returns. Visit tpc.bike/singletracks and enter code Singletracks40 to save forty dollars on every order over two hundred.